Monday 20 August 2012

Bike Training centre


You could be forgiven for thinking that this picture is of some cycle paths in and around the woods. However, it's much more than that. Every child at the age of 8 or 9 has to complete a cycling proficiency course which culminates in a test. This is the test centre. It comes complete with signs, level crossing, traffic lights and so forth. The idea is logical given the number of people who cycle. This morning on the way back from the old town I, in all my cycle gear, on my 21 speed mountain bike giving all I had, was passed by a very elderly lady in a frock with no shoes on. These fraulines in frocks are a mennace. I bet some of them have not passed their tests.

1 comment:

  1. I passed my cycling test on a similar track back in primary school. I had to know all signs and road markings. After theory test there was a practical one, which included riding on a '8'-shaped path. Helmets were not even mentioned ;-)

    ReplyDelete